There is nothing to worry about jaundice in children. But if the people are vulnerable to this disease, then the problem increases. It also takes a long time to recover. Learn important things about it here.
In jaundice, the skin becomes yellow and the eyes turn white. Newborns often suffer from jaundice. In such a situation, there is a need to take special care of the children. If the body is yellow, then it can be a symptom of jaundice.
Why does jaundice happen?
When the red blood cells break down in the body within a fixed interval of 120 days, a by-product called bilirubin is formed. This substance first goes to the liver and then slowly comes out of the body with feces and urine. However, if for some reason red blood cells break before 120 days, the amount of bilirubin in the liver increases. This causes jaundice.
Read more – Sitting job can cause huge harm to health
- Skin yellowing
- Eyes white
- Dark yellow color of urine
- The color of the stool is not normal
- stomach ache
- Itching in the neck
- Weight loss
If any of these symptoms bother, then contact a doctor immediately and get the jaundice tested.
- Vaccination is the best way to avoid it.
- Since jaundice affects the liver, alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- Eating stored in the open, especially street food and dirty water, there is a risk of jaundice. So avoid them.
- Eat fresh food and drink boiled water.
Read more – jaundice: Why It Happens in Adults